But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion.
— Luke 10:33
Proximity implies responsibility.
We aren’t a church that exists to focus on our own needs, withdrawn from our community. Nor is global outreach more important than other avenues of discipleship. That’s why we are passionate about seeing our neighbors pursuing joy in Christ alone, worshiping Jesus with us now and forever.
We desire to commend the beauty and joy of Jesus to all who will listen wherever we live, work, or play. Here are local outreach efforts seeking to help us do that well:
- House of Jacob Food Pantry
- After-School Youth Basketball (Mondays from 3-6pm)
- Adult Pick-Up Basketball (Mondays 7-10pm)
- Friends Group – Wednesday evening gathering for those with special needs
- Jail & Prison Ministry – Teams provide personal discipleship and chapel services for incarcerated men and women.
- Benevolence Fund – counseling and financial assistance